Designed to give you knowledge,
clarity, power and control.
Wednesday 8th & Thursday 9th September
Cnr Bathurst & Argyle Streets, Hobart
Cost: $180 which includes:
- Two days of relevant, targetted content.
- Inspiring guest speaker and
social wind-down end of Day 1.
- Take home packs of information with new contacts.
- A new network of financial professionals and industry colleagues.
Curated for women in tourism & hospitality businesses
Two days face-to-face with financial and legal professionals answering your questions and more in an interactive, small group format.
WITH Tas, supported by Hydro Tasmania and the Tasmanian Government through Women in Leadership funding, has engaged Shelley Brooks of Rodgers Reidy to facilitate this two day program, designed specifically for women in the tourism & hospitality industry across Tasmania.
Whichever direction you want to take your business - upscale, downsize, move sideways, transform or exit - or if you just want to survive and thrive, our presenters will guide you through the financial world and provide advice for what to do next.
This is two days that will change your business and your mindset, giving you the satisfaction of feeling in control.
At just $180 for two days, this is exceptional value for money AND a valuable investment in YOU and your professional development.
For enquiries or to book and pay via EFT, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0407 875 460.
Knowledge, numbers, tips and contacts
The content focuses on:
- Getting the right structure - first up, now or for the future. (Think asset protection, tax structuring and estate planning.)
- Financial literacy - banks, brokers, good vs bad debt, buying premises, home mortgage or business loan paid off first etc. This is a crucial aspect to understand and/or know where to find help.
- Getting the right team of advisers around you at the right time.
- Financial buffers. A relevant topic right now.
- Record keeping to make the most of your valuable time and the benefits of accuracy.
On the agenda - Day 1
- Power in numbers #1. Modern bookkeeping systems - easier than you might think with Scott Knuckey (Partner) and Lucy Clark (Accountant) from Scanlon Richardson Financial Group)
- Helping you get through the ups and down of business. With Chris Sparks (Regional Executive) and Amy Kho (Advisor) ANZ.
- Power in numbers #2. Understanding financial reports, business structures and key measures for tourism & hospitality. Scott Knuckey (Partner) and Alistair Scanlon (Partner) at Scanlon Richardson Financial Group.
- There is no I in team. Financial planning the fundamentals. Alastair Hodge (Partner/Senior Financial Planner) at Elevate Wealth.
- How's your coverage? Peace of mind insurance with Tayla Holmes (Broker) and Ben Kirwan (Broker_ from Steadfast Taswide.
- Guest speaker. The inspiring Hilary Saxton, will share some stories, practical and entertaining insights. Meet Hilary Saxton >
- Finish off the day with a social wind-down to share your thoughts with other participants and speakers, enjoying a drink at Vibe from 5.30 - 7.00pm.
On the agenda - Day 2
- Panel conversation. Matt Riley (Director), Rodgers Reidy, Steve Old (CEO), THA and Edwina Morris (Director Communications) Tourism Tas.
Don't forget to send us your questions or bring them with you!
- Business Tasmania. Kelly Brown. (Manager). Current government support.
- Brainstorming session. Women in business - diversity and inclusion + self care with Shelley Brooks (Director), Rodgers Reidy and Anita Dahlenburg (SME Business Enabler).
- Estate planning. Making sure your hard work and plans carry through with Kimberley Martin (Director), WMM Law.
- Working with your lawyer for the best result with Catherine Scott (Head of Legal), Conmoto Group.
- Don't be an ostrich. Understanding your duties as a business owner/director with Shelley Brooks (Director), Rodgers Reidy.