I am a strong advocate for equality and inclusiveness across our industry.
I believe that a successful future needs strong education, mentoring and training outcomes now, and long-term planning for a holistically sustainable industry in the future.
Meet Emily Hopwood
WITH Tas has been fortunate to secure representation on the Tourism Industry Council of Tasmania (TICT) Board, in the Associations College, for a second term (2021-2023) with nominee, Emily Hopwood.
Emily is Sales & Marketing Manager at West Coast Wilderness Railway (WCWR) and has worked for over 20 years in this sector gaining a broad range of experience which includes:
- Working across large and small businesses in private enterprise, as well as with Tourism Tasmania.
- As Tourism Services Manager with Hobart City Council, was responsible for management of the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre in Hobart which provides a state-wide booking and information service.
- A born and bred Taswegian, Emily also has interstate experience working across various hotel groups.
- Returning to the state, she maintained regional hotel and distribution roles before stepping into the role of General Manager of Tourism Operations at RACT Destinations.
- Completed the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) course and worked with a small number of volunteer committees and boards. She is also Public Officer for Water for a Village, a not-for-profit charity accredited by the Australian Council for International Development (non-tourism).
- At WCWR, works closely with Destination West Coast and the marketing sub-committee.
Emily has continued the strong work started by our first representative Kath McCann (2020-2021).