Two scholarships for Tourism & Hospitality I-LEAD - applications closed
WITH Tas (assisted by the Tasmanian Government's Women in Leadership program) is offering two WITH Tas Members a $470 scholarship on successfully applying to the I-LEAD Tourism & Hospitality program.
Usually costing $1,470, the August-September program is generously subsidised by Federal Group and the THA by $1,000 leaving the $470 payable by participants. WITH's scholarships will enable two women to complete the course free of charge.
Our aim with this scholarship is to help emerging women leaders in our industry fast-track their leadership skills and business acumen.
I-LEAD is a program from Tasmanian Leaders, an incorporated and not-for-profit association that is the state's premier leadership development organisation.
WHAT: a course designed to increase your leadership capacity against a backdrop of uncertain business conditions. Expertise is provided in the three key areas of Personal, Strategic and Business Leadership and it also helps develop a wider and richer network of contacts. Read more on the I-LEAD program and download the I-LEAD Tourism & Hospitality brochure
WHEN: The Tourism & Hospitality Program course begins on the 3rd August and is delivered across eight sessions, starting and concluding with a full day in-person event in Launceston and Hobart. In between participants attend six Wednesday morning sessions delivered online and there are mid-course statewide networking events on the 31st August.
APPLICATIONS for I-LEAD are now open and close on the 6th July 2022. Successful applicants are advised on the 20th July and the course starts on the 3rd August.
Participants will gain:
- a better understanding of themselves as leaders
- the ability to think strategically and long-term to grow their businesses
- a wider network of relevant business peers
- inspiration and capability to lead beyond self for the greater good of Tasmania's tourism & hospitality industry
WITH Tas is offering TWO $470 scholarships for Members successfully applying to the I-LEAD Tourism & Hospitality program (August-September 2022) which will enable them to complete the course free of charge.
This opportunity is open to existing WITH Tas or WITH North Members and new Members who renew or join before 29 July 2022. If you're unsure about your Membership status, please email email@example.com
- Complete an application to I-LEAD and tick the box indicating you are a Member of WITH Tas or WITH North. (Please note Membership status will be checked by I-LEAD.)
- Advise WITH Tas via email that you have applied for the course.
- Details of eligible successful I-LEAD candidates will be forwarded to WITH Tas for confirmation (and selection if more than two successful eligible applicants).
- WITH Tas will advise I-LEAD of final scholarship winners and arrange payment of the scholarship funds direct to I-LEAD.
By accepting this scholarship, successful I-LEAD participants agree to:
- Provide a report (written and/or a verbal presentation) to the Committee within two weeks of the conclusion of the course outlining its value, key lessons and outcomes.
- Potentially address a WITH Tas event (South or North) outlining outcomes from participating in the program.
- Provide brief updates to the Committee, as time permits, throughout the course.