With magical moments aplenty
Covid cabin fever begone! The country space, air and hospitality of Rathmore House are the perfect antidotes for weeks of confinement, providing many moments of magic to free your spirit and reinvigorate your outlook.
Escape to Rathmore, just an hour from Hobart, for an authentic farmstay experience with the lovely Cally immersing you in true country hospitality.
A special offer for WITH Tas supporters
Book your group of 8 friends/family in for three (or more) nights and enjoy a complimentary Starry Sky Dinner valued at $400 and a Local Lunch voucher valued at $120. Offer for the first five groups. See rathmore.com.au for more information and contact Cally directly to book - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0418 728 888.
The Georgian heritage homestead offers four elegant guest rooms, furnished with period furniture to make you feel quite the country gentry! Breakfast provision included. Self-cater, dine locally or dine in with delicious home-cooked meals available. Ideal for couples , corporate getaways, families and groups.
The Shearers Quarters is revived historic accommodation with breakfast supplies included. The four rooms each have brand new en suites and there's a shared Mess Room with fireplace, well equipped kitchen and three outdoor campfire and BBQs.
The former Shearers Cooks Cottage has one bedroom with a double sofa in the living area plus a well equipped kitchen for sustenance and a fireplace to warm your toes!
(May be pet friendly under certain conditions.)
Food: Country hospitality doesn't get any better than Rathmore's own grass-fed lamb and beef with local seasonal produce cooked to mouth-watering perfection. Presented with local wines to suit as well of course! (Meal options to suit all tastes and budgets.)
Spend your time...
- Reconnecting with the big outdoors, relish the space around you
- Soaking up the serenity, perhaps toasting it with a Tassie sparkling
- Taking a heritage shearing shed tour
- Counting the platypus glimpsed in the dam
- Wandering the countryside and simply breathing the air
- Exploring the Derwent Valley's towns - Bothwell, Hamilton and New Norfolk - each with treasures to uncover
- Playing a round at Australia's oldest golf course - Ratho - in Bothwell
- Hugging the ancient locals at the Sytx Big Tree Reserve
- Gazing at the Milky Way stars twinkling in the cool clear night air
Styx Big Tree Reserve -Tourism Australia & Graham Freeman
Wombats Billabong - @katypoaty77
River Derwent - Stu Gibson
Salmon Ponds & friendly sheep - Kerry Scambler